With the passing of Labor Day, summer is supposed to be over, but people here at the shore know that’s not true! Summer is here to stay at the Jersey Shore for at least one more month. And there are plenty of things to do. Here are just a few of this weekend’s events at the Jersey Shore:
Friday to Sunday it’s the Asbury Park Oysterfest at the Carousel on the Water (Ocean & Lake Avenues). It’s the city’s biggest annual event with 30,000+ people, 25 bands on multiple stages; sports lounge with oysters & beer, the return of the Oyster Oasis, children’s rides & inflatable area and more.
Saturday and Sunday it’s also the Ship Bottom Irish Festival with music, vendors, and food at 10th St and Shore Ave.
And if you’re in the LBI area, don’t miss the Antique & Classic Boat Show in Tuckeron (Saturday and Sunday). Join the Seaport for two splendid days of classic wood and glass boat exhibitors, demonstrations, workshops, crafters, vendors, food, refreshments and maritime activities.
There’s a lot to do in the Seaside area too:
- Friday it’s the Boardwalk Bed Race, a unique Bed Race Competition at the Franklin Ave Stage at 6pm.
- Saturday it’s the Shamrock Fest, 10am-6pm on the Boardwalk between the two amusement piers.
- Sunday is headlined by the Seafood in Seaside Festival, 10am-7pm on Grant Avenue. A great festival with seafood vendors, artists, crafters and live entertainment.
- Also Sunday, Seaside Park hosts the Annual Beach Plum Festival with beach plum picking and jelly making demo, arts & craft show, a variety of food and live entertainment, children’s games, bird banding demo, environmental and non-profit exhibits and more.
If you’re more interested in cars and motorcycles, the shore has something for you too:
- Thursday to Sunday Wildwood hosts the Roar to the Shore Motorcycle Rally, one of the largest motorcycle rallies in the Northeast. There are daily vendors, live entertainment and activities surrounding the Wildwoods Convention Center and at Oak and Atlantic Ave.
- Next door in North Wildwood it’s Dubs on the Boards on Saturday (9am-4pm): A laid back car show for all VW and Audi fans! This is a show for enthusiasts by enthusiasts with fun for the whole family.
- Saturday you can also go to the Lavallette Heritage Day Vintage Auto Show. This antique auto show is open to all pre-1987 vehicles and runs from 10 am to 4 pm. Trophies, dash plaques (first 200 cars), music, and more than 200 craft and food vendors will be waiting for you.
If you like supporting great causes, go to Long Branch on Saturday for the FAAN Walk for Food Allergy, a charity walk supporting the fight against food allergies. Starts at 10am on the Great Lawn.
Finally, Saturday North Wildwood hosts the Mummers String Band Saturday & Strutters Contest. Top 9 String Bands from Philadelphia are coming for the 4pm Mummers Strut Contest on Olde New Jersey Ave. Then at 4:45pm the Mummer’s Parade perform in costume. It’s a FREE event!
If you’re looking to rent a house at the shore, check out ShoreVacations.com, Jersey Shore’s biggest vacation rentals resource. It lists hundreds of rental homes and condos from Sandy Hook all the way down to Cape May (including Belmar, Point Pleasant, Seaside Heights, Ocean City, Long Beach Island, Atlantic City or the Wildwoods). It’s a one-stop website for planning your Jersey Shore vacation, featuring beach information, weather updates and more! And of course, it has a full list of all the Jersey Shore events this year.