Saturday, the Tuckerton Seaport will host the 9th Annual Red, Wine & Blues Festival. You can visit the seaport for a perfect afternoon (2:30 to 8pm) of wine tasting from New Jersey’s finest wineries plus live blues music by James Day and The Fish Fry, The Cobra Brothers and Heart Fulla Bluz. There will be a “Traditional Pie Bake Off” contest and you get a complimentary wine glass.
Also Saturday, the NJ State Crab Festival is at the Ice House Restaurant, 4415 Park Blvd in Wildwood. “Crabby” fun for all ages! Entertainment, vendors and crabs cooked to order with the fun starting at 11am. There will be a beer garden, and you can try the Crabby Bloody Mary. Also face painting, balloons and crab races for kids.
Music events and other shows this weekend will include:
- Friday in Ocean City you can listen to the Glen Miller Orchestra, 8pm at the Music Pier (Moorlyn Terrace & Boardwalk). Big band concert, all seats reserved, $25 advance ticket price and $30 at the door.
- Sand Blast Dance on the Beach, Friday to Sunday in Asbury Park, the “Best Beach Party of the Year”. Sixth Avenue Beach Music by DJ Joe Gauthreaux (L.A.) with opening set by DJ David Marc (NYC). Spectacular gay dance party on the beach.
- Saturday there are two shows in Atlantic City: Howie Mandel at the Borgata at 9pm and the Goo Goo Dolls with Michelle Branch at Tropicana, also at 9pm.
- Sunday at the Monmouth Park it’s the Vans Warped Tour, running between 12-8pm. Multiple acts will rock the Monmouth Park Racetrack.
If you’re more into sports, there are two running events to recommend:
- Friday in Sea Isle City: CMC Bar 12th Annual Race Judicata 5K Run/1K Walk. Registration 5pm, race at 6:30pm
- Saturday in Long Branch: Undie Run at 8am in Pier Village. It is a family-friendly 5K run/walk that is unique because participants are encouraged to run in their boxers to bring attention to the area affected by colon cancer
If you’re looking to rent a house at the shore, check out ShoreVacations.com, Jersey Shore’s biggest vacation rentals resource. It lists hundreds of rental homes and condos from Sandy Hook all the way down to Cape May (including Belmar, Point Pleasant, Seaside Heights, Ocean City, Long Beach Island, Atlantic City or the Wildwoods). It’s a one-stop website for planning your Jersey Shore vacation, featuring beach information, weather updates and more! And of course, it has a full list of all the Jersey Shore events this year.