This upcoming weekend, October 5-7, 2012, a few Jersey Shore towns like Ocean City, Seaside Heights, Sea Isle City or The Wildwoods are bursting with activities! Here are some of the events you can enjoy this weekend:
Ocean City will host a big street party, fireworks and a boardwalk festival:
- Saturday: Fall Block Party and Fireworks Spectacular between 5th–14th Streets on Asbury Ave. There will be over 400 crafters, food vendors, music and more. In the evening, family night entertainment on the boardwalk with fireworks beginning at 9:30pm
- Saturday-Sunday: Indian Summer Weekend with seafood vendors at the Music Pier and boardwalk table sales.
Just South in Sea Isle City, there’s a festival and parade on Saturday:
- 22nd Annual Columbus Day Parade at 2pm, from the Italian American Club to Kix-McNutley’s.
- 5th Annual Italian Festival, 10am-5pm at Kix McNutley’s on 63rd Street.
More fun is also coming to Seaside Heights:
- Sunday it’s the big Ocean County Columbus Day Parade at 1pm, on the Boulevard from J Street to Sampson Avenue.
- Friday to Sunday runs the Italian Street Festival on Grant Avenue, from Central Ave. to Boardwalk. Includes Live Entertainment.
Down South in The Wildwoods, you have:
- Seafood and Music Festival in Wildwood on Saturday,a free street fair on Atlantic Ave between Wildwood and Schellenger Ave with Live music, crafters, food vendors, pie eating contest, clam chowder contest and much more.
- Saturday and Sunday, Governor’s Cup Hydrofest on Sunset Lake in Wildwood Crest. Exciting international powerboat racing event, coupled with a 6-block festival of craft, merchandise and food vendors.
Now here are a couple more Jersey Shore events this weekend:
Saturday, Ocean Grove hosts the Fall Harvest Festival & Craft Show on Main Ave, 10am-4pm, with live music, over 100 crafters, variety of food, sidewalk sales, free admission.
Sunday in LBI it’s the 40th Annual 18 Mile Run, a race dedicated to the 11 Israeli athletes slain by terrorists at the 1972 Munich Olympics, and the thousands who lost their lives on September 11, 2001. Starts at 10:30am in Holgate, with a straight, flat, point-to-point run heading North on Long Beach Blvd.
If you’re looking to rent a house at the shore, check out ShoreVacations.com, Jersey Shore’s biggest vacation rentals resource. It lists hundreds of rental homes and condos from Sandy Hook all the way down to Cape May (including Belmar, Point Pleasant, Seaside Heights, Ocean City, Long Beach Island, Atlantic City or the Wildwoods). It’s a one-stop website for planning your Jersey Shore vacation, featuring beach information, weather updates and more! And of course, it has a full list of all the Jersey Shore events this year.