If you come to the Jersey Shore on the 2013 Memorial Weekend, here are some fun events you can enjoy.
To get things started, Thursday, May 23rd, the Molly Pitcher Inn in Red Bank hosts Party on the Promenade a culinary event featuring 20 local eateries and benefiting Friends of Monmouth County Parks, hosted by Red Bank Flavour.
The big events and festivals of the weekend are:
- Saturday-Sunday: Jersey Shore Food Truck Wars at the Monmouth Park Racetrack. Sample delights from the most popular Food Trucks, including our friend Empanada Guy! This event will also feature crafters, vendors, and live music.
- Also Saturday and Sunday it’s the Bradley Beach Arts & Crafts Fair with food, craft vendors and activities for everyone on the Boardwalk.
- Sunday, Highlands has its Seaport Craft Show, 10am-5pm in Huddy Park. You can see delightful collections of various handmade crafts from more than 60 crafters and artisans.
- Finally, Friday through Monday runs the Wildwoods International Kite Festival on the Beach at Rio Grande Ave.
Saturday your kids can pick some amusement parks fun!
- Breakwater Beach Waterpark Opening Day in Seaside Heights, a state-of-the-art water park with the largest interactive play area on the North Atlantic Coast, opening for the season 10am-6pm.
- River Adventure Cardboard Boat Race at Morey’s Piers in Wildwood. Design a boat, build a boat and race a boat at the second annual cardboard boat race at Raging Waters Waterpark. FREE!
And now for some Memorial Day celebrations:
- Bradley Beach Memorial Day Parade on Saturday, 10am. Starts at Bradley Boulevard and proceeds east to Ocean Ave. Ends at the north end of Ocean Ave.
- Fireworks On the Beach in Asbury Park, Sunday at dusk.
- Atlantic Highlands Memorial Day Parade. Starts Monday 11am at the Municipal Harbor.
- Stone Harbor Memorial Day Parade Monday, on 96th Street.
- Beach Haven Memorial Day Parade, Monday 10am at the Bicentennial Park
There are also a few sports events on Saturday for our active readers:
- Spring Lake 5-Mile Run, a fast USATF certified course attended by thousands of people. 8:30am start.
- Sea Isle City hosts the Tri for Our Veterans a triathlon starting at Excursion Park at 7am. 1/4 mile ocean swim, 8.3 mile bike – flat and fast, and 3.1 mile boardwalk run.
- In Ocean City it’s StandUp4SEALs. 1st Annual Beach Adventure Race begins 7:30am at 4th St beach. Race includes a sand obstacle course for adults and a fun sand challenge run for kids under 10.
If you’re looking to rent a house at the shore, check out ShoreVacations.com, Jersey Shore’s biggest vacation rentals resource. It lists hundreds of rental homes and condos from Sandy Hook all the way down to Cape May (including Belmar, Point Pleasant, Seaside Heights, Ocean City, Long Beach Island, Atlantic City or the Wildwoods). It’s a one-stop website for planning your Jersey Shore vacation, featuring beach information, weather updates and more! And of course, it has a full list of all the Jersey Shore events this year.