Weather has cooled down at the Jersey Shore, but the events going on are still hot. Here’s a preview of what’s happening on the upcoming weekend, Sep 27-29, 2013.
First, some great fall festivals:
- Saturday: Middletown Day, fall festival boasting activities for all ages including a business and community showcase, car show, craft fair, live local music, tournaments, children’s activities, fire department demonstrations; a petting zoo, hayrides, flea market, food court. 12-6pm at Croydon Hall. Our company is a sponsor of this event so please visit our booth!
- Friday and Saturday there’s An Olde Time Italian Festival at Fox Park in Wildwood, an ‘Old World’ family festival weekend including crafts, games, rides, great Italian food and continuous FREE live entertainment.
- From Friday till Sunday, the Monster Mash Truck Races invade the Wildwoods beach. Line-up will feature Bigfoot, Warwizard, Snakebite, Instigator, XDP, Toxic, Viper, and Gunslinger!
- Saturday it’s the 2013 Bay Head Harvest Craft Festival in Centennial Park, 10am-4pm with a variety of craft vendors.
- Friday and Saturday don’t miss the 31st Annual Ocean County Decoy & Gunning Show at the Tuckerton Seaport. There will be demostrations, contests, seminars, decoy auction, crafters, carvers, vendors, food, refreshments, music, entertainment, and the Dock Dog Competition as featured on ESPN.
- Also Friday-Saturday is the Margate Fall Funfest. This year’s games area is getting a facelift with all new exciting games and activities for young children, teens and even some daring adults! The children’s stage will have fun interactive shows and entertainment including some very talented local performers.
Beer lovers are in for a treat!
- Saturday it’s Beer on the Pier at the scenic Belmar Marina, K Street Pier (12-7pm). Offerings include over 40 labels (12 oz or more) with representatives on hand.
- Friday and Saturday you have the Atlantic City Beerfest, the 3rd Annual Golden Nugget Craft Beer Tasting in the Grand, expanded by two days this year. Sample over 99 varieties of seasonal craft beers paired with chef-inspired appetizers and live entertainment.
For sports lovers there’s a variety of events this weekend:
- World Series of Surf Fishing on Saturday 5:30am-3pm on the beaches of Harvey Cedars, North Beach, Surf City & Ship Bottom. Registration at the Long Beach Island Fishing Club.
- Saturday is the Roller Derby at the Convention Hall in Asbury Park. Jersey Shore roller girls derby featuring Murder Beach Militia vs. Right Coast Rollers. 8pm, tickets $20.
- Also Saturday: Sand Sports Challenge in Seaside Heights, a sports and military themed obstacle course that puts small groups against each other. North of Casino Pier, 10am-2pm.
- Finally, Sunday it’s the Ocean City Half Marathon & 5k, a 13.1 mile race with spectacular views of our City through various neighborhoods, the downtown business district, and most importantly our award winning beaches and boardwalk.
If you’re looking to rent a house at the shore, check out ShoreVacations.com, Jersey Shore’s biggest vacation rentals resource. It lists hundreds of rental homes and condos from Sandy Hook all the way down to Cape May (including Belmar, Point Pleasant, Seaside Heights, Ocean City, Long Beach Island, Atlantic City or the Wildwoods). It’s a one-stop website for planning your Jersey Shore vacation, featuring beach information, weather updates and more! And of course, it has a full list of all the Jersey Shore events this year.