Here are some highlights from the Jersey Shore’s calendar of the events for this weekend, June 27-29, 2014:
- The biggest festival of the weekend, running Friday through Sunday, seems to be the North Wildwood Italian-American Festival. Annual celebration of Italian-American heritage, food and music held on Olde New Jersey Ave. Authentic Italian-American foods, vendors, free live entertainment, dancing, kids games, celebrity appearances, meatball relay races, Little Miss Italy contest, olive tree signings and more.
- Another interesting festival on Saturday is the Cape May Victorian Family Fair. A traditional Victorian fair on the grounds of the Emlen Physick Estate, Cape May’s only Victorian house museum. The day features music, crafts, collectibles, children’s activities and refreshments. 10am-4pm. Free admission.
- Also Saturday: Taste of Highlands Restaurant Tour. 6 hours of tastings from approximately 20 restaurants and eateries in Highlands. 12-6pm.
Sports events this weekend include:
- Thursday and Friday: ProPlayer Football Camp and Charity Game in Toms River. Current and former NFL players will host a football camp at the Toms River High School on June 26-27. There will also be a flag football game between the ProPlayer coaches and the local police/fire/EMS members.
- Saturday and Sunday it’s Cape Express Beach Blast Soccer. Games played on the Wildwoods Beaches, between Cedar and Poplar Avenues. Over 1,000 teams will compete on the sand in the largest sand soccer tournament in the world! Entrance fee for participants. Free to spectators. 8am-6pm daily
- And Sunday, a first time event in Atlantic City: Challenge AC. Ironman Triathlon with 2.4mi sheltered swim in the back bays. An incredibly flat&fast 112mi bike course will use portions of the AC Expressway and country roads featuring vineyards, state forests, riverside towns and historic downtown Hammonton. The 26.2mi flat run course will feature many AC highlights finishing on the Boardwalk in front of historic Boardwalk Hall.
We also have a few Music Festivals:
- Saturday: Margate Beachstock 2014. The Planet’s Biggest Beach Party. Everything from water sports to live music to lifeguard competitions to kid-friendly events and even a movie screening beginning at twilight. 8am-10pm
- Saturday/Sunday: Roots Music Festival at Tuckerton Seaport. Kick back for 2 great days of music, wine tasting, food, crafters, vendors, demonstrations & activities. Uncork some fun and enjoy a perfect afternoon of wine tasting from some of NJ’s finest wineries
- Saturday and Sunday it’s also Asbury Park Jazz Festival. Bradley Park. Longest running Jazzfest in the area! Featuring: Jazz on Saturday, Blues on Sunday; Beer and Wine garden; 20+ Local food vendors; Crafts, art and specialty gifts; Childrens activities. Free event
- Also Saturday-Sunday: Red Bank Rockin’ Country Festival. Today’s country music and rockin’ roll. All American family fun festival in Marine Park.
And a few more concerts:
- Friday: Avril Lavigne at Borgata in Atlantic City, 8pm, Tickets $45 – $56
- Saturday: Lady Gaga’s Artrave. 8pm at Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City, Tickets Starting @ $49.50
- Also Saturday: Monumentour: Fall Out Boy & Paramore. 7pm at the PNC Bank Arts Center in Holmdel.
If you’re looking to rent a house at the shore, check out ShoreVacations.com, Jersey Shore’s biggest vacation rentals resource. It lists hundreds of rental homes and condos from Sandy Hook all the way down to Cape May (including Belmar, Point Pleasant, Seaside Heights, Ocean City, Long Beach Island, Atlantic City or the Wildwoods). It’s a one-stop website for planning your Jersey Shore vacation, featuring beach information, weather updates and more! And of course, it has a full list of all the Jersey Shore events this year