The winter holidays are a festive time at the Jersey Shore. Check out these cool family-friendly events going on around the shore in November-December 2014.
Festivities kick off on the Thanksgiving weekend:
- Red Bank Holiday Concert, Town Lighting and Santa Express. Friday 5:30 holiday music at the train station. Santa will lead the parade on a firetruck from the train station down Monmouth St. Holiday express concert and annual town lighting starts at 7pm
- Ocean City Christmas in the Downtown – Miracle on Asbury Avenue. Join the merchants & Chamber in kicking off an old-fashioned Downtown Christmas, Friday 2-5pm
- Point Pleasant Tree Lighting & Santa Arrival. Also Friday, 5-8:30pm at Bay Avenue & Arnold Avenue. Streets are closed to traffic for this annual fun event
- Sea Isle City Annual Holiday Extravaganza on Friday and Saturday. This annual Holiday Extravaganza will kick-off the Holiday Season in grand style with a parade, tree lighting, ice skating, caroling, refreshments and a visit from Santa Claus
- Bradley Beach Tree Lighting Ceremony on Sunday, with refreshments, entertainment and Santa Claus! Horse & Wagon Rides at Riley Park from 4pm
More fun events at the Jersey Shore happen in the first week of December:
- Red Bank Holiday Flavour on Thursday, December 4. Sample delicious food and drinks from 20+ Red Bank restaurants at the Molly Pitcher Inn
- Hereford Inlet Lighthouse Christmas Tree Lighting. Christmas tree lighting, Santa Claus and refreshments. Friday, December 5, 5:30-7:30pm in North Wildwood
- Manasquan Tree Lighting and Candy Cane Hunt, also on Friday. Tree Lighting & Candy Cane Hunt. A great time for the family! Squan Plaza from 6pm
- There are more Tree Lighting ceremonies on Friday, December 5th: Belmar at 5:30pm, Asbury Park at Fireman’s Park from 5:30pm and Highlands in Huddy Park from 6pm.
- December 5-7 runs the Tuckerton Seaport 12th Annual Christkindlmarkt, a holiday market and fair under huge heated tents. Santa, craft & gift vendors, fabulous food court, horse drawn cart rides, kiddie rides, trackless train, make & take crafts, hot Gluhwein, rolling chair sleigh rides on the boardwalk, entertainment and lots of holiday fun
Finally, on December 20th it’s Seaside Heights’ Annual Christmas on the Island and Parade, 12-5pm. Christmas Parade along the Boulevard. Gifts, giveaways, Santa’s Workshop, and a special Santa’s send-off with live entertainment
If you’re looking to rent a house at the shore, check out ShoreVacations.com, Jersey Shore’s biggest vacation rentals resource. It lists hundreds of rental homes and condos from Sandy Hook all the way down to Cape May (including Belmar, Point Pleasant, Seaside Heights, Ocean City, Long Beach Island, Atlantic City or the Wildwoods). It’s a one-stop website for planning your Jersey Shore vacation, featuring beach information, weather updates and more! And of course, it has a full list of all the Jersey Shore events this year