Spring is finally here, and the first beach events at the shore are Easter Egg Hunts and parades. Your kids can find a fun event no matter where you live at the shore. So check out the Jersey Shore Easter events listings and pick a fun day for your family.
Saturday, March 28, the Middletown Arts Center hosts its annual Eggstravaganza, 10am-1pm. The first 500 children will receive goodie bags upon entering. The Doodle Dude will be demonstrating his egg-cellent techniques for all to participate. There will also be entertainment, arts and crafts, an egg decorating contest and more.
Also on March 28, it’s the Stone Harbor Easter Egg Hunt. 1pm at the Stone Harbor Firehouse.
Sunday, March 29, there are fun egg hunts all over the Jersey Shore:
- Palm Sunday Egg Hunt in Seaside. A Boardwalk and beach full of smiling faces and 15,000 pastel eggs filled with prizes form our Boardwalk merchants. Different age groups ranging from 1 to over 10 are located on different parts of the Boardwalk.
- Keansburg Amusements Easter Egg Hunt. Beginning at 1pm, kids of all ages are invited to hunt for some of the thousands of prize filled eggs! Grand prize winners will win bikes. Plus meet the Easter Bunny, have fun riding the kiddie rides, and play in the arcades and games.
- Jenkinson’s Easter Egg Hunt. The unofficial Point Pleasant 2015 Season kickoff event, at 1pm. Free event held on the beach, open to children up to 10 years old. 0–4 year olds: in front of Jenkinson’s Aquarium, 5–8 year olds: in front of Frank’s Fun Center, 9–10 year olds: in front of Jenkinson’s Amusement Park.
UPDATE: Middletown‘s Flashlight Easter Egg Hunt was rescheduled to April 2nd, from 7:30pm at the Croydon Hall Football Field. Age: 1-10. The event is already sold out.
There are even more Easter events at the Jersey Shore on Saturday, April 4:
- Sea Bright Easter Egg Hunt. 11am sharp on the beach behind the firehouse. Over five thousand eggs!
- Allaire Village Easter Egg Hunt. Children’s activities, contests and Parade, 12-4pm
- Greater Wildwood Jaycees Easter Egg Hunt. On the beach at Lincoln Avenue, at Noon. Children ages 1-12 are invited to dig for eggs buried in the sand. Each egg contains a toy and a golden egg is worth a bigger prize
- The Great Ocean City Egg Hunt. 2:30pm, 11th St. – 14th St. Beach. Five (5) age groups between 0-7 years old. 100,000 eggs – 5,000 with prizes.
Easter Sunday, April 5, is mostly filled with elegant parades, one more egg hunt, and a big celebration in Wildwood:
- Ocean City’s Easter Fashion Promenade in front of the Music Pier. Come dressed in your Easter’s best to stroll in our Fashion Promenade and meet the Easter Bunny. Judging begins at 1:00pm.
- Jenkinson’s Easter Parade. 1pm. On the Point Pleasant boardwalk, beginning at Central Ave. Registration in front of Joey Tomatoes between 11:30a–12:30p. Categories include Family, Best Bonnet, Float, Multiples, and Cutest Boy/Girl up to age 10.
- Annual Seaside Heights Easter Promenade. On the Boardwalk starting at 10. Colorful carnation flowers will be distributed on the Boardwalk and Webster Avenue by Mayor and Council, while supplies last. Contests and prizes for the best dressed! Family entertainment will follow the best dressed contest.
- Ed’s Funcade Easter Sunday Egg Hunt. On the North Wildwood Boardwalk at 23rd Ave. Children 12 and under win prizes. Noon – 1:30pm.
- Moreys Piers Easter Celebration. Celebrate Easter in Wildwood with the whole family on Mariner’s Landing from noon – 5 p.m. Visit the Easter Bunny at the Parent’s Pavilion and enjoy strolling entertainment from stilt walkers to jugglers and more. Face painting will be available 1 p.m. – 5 p.m., and children 12 and under can pick an Easter egg for a chance to win amazing prizes.
If you’re looking to rent a house at the shore, check out ShoreVacations.com, Jersey Shore’s biggest vacation rentals resource. It lists hundreds of rental homes and condos from Sandy Hook all the way down to Cape May (including Belmar, Point Pleasant, Seaside Heights, Ocean City, Long Beach Island, Atlantic City or the Wildwoods). It’s a one-stop website for planning your Jersey Shore vacation, featuring beach information, weather updates and more! And of course, it has a full list of all the Jersey Shore events this year.