We looked at the most interesting events at the Jersey Shore during the month of June, and made a selection of the best happenings in the area over this month. There’s a lot of going on, so we hope this brief calendar of the major festivals and other cool events will help you plan your trips to the Jersey Shore!
1. Point Pleasant Jazz and Blues Festival. (June 20) Jersey Shore Jazz and Blues Foundation’ summer Series of Festivals kicks off in Point Pleasant Borough with live music, food and fun for all ages, at the Riverfront Park on River Rd. The headliner is Doug Deming & The Jewel Tones featuring Dennis Gruenling.
2. Belmar Seafood Festival. (June 12-14) One of the largest seafood festivals in the nation. Great seafood, crafters, and live entertainment in Silver Lake Park. Fri 4-8pm, Sat 11am-8pm, Sun 11am-6pm
3. Atlantic Highlands Classic Car Show. (June 27, NEW DATE) Classic cars line 1st Ave, 10am-4pm. Plus vendors, 2 stages with live music, shopping, food, Central Jersey Roller Vixens and more!
4. North Wildwood Italian-American Festival. (June 26-28) Annual celebration of Italian-American heritage, food and music held on Olde New Jersey Ave. Authentic Italian-American foods, vendors, free live entertainment, dancing, kids games, celebrity appearances, meatball relay races, Little Miss Italy contest, olive tree signings and more.
5. Seaside Heights Hot Rods and Food Trucks. (June 20) Bay Blvd, 10am-5pm. Admission for spectators is free! Hundreds of classic cars and hot rods plus a dozen or more of the area’s Best Gourmet Food Trucks. Music, prizes, activities for kids!
6. Bradley Beach Lobster Festival. (June 27-28) Great food, two beer & wine gardens and six live bands. Over 100 craft and specialty vendors. Childrens activities, including giant waterslide.
7. Tuckerton Seaport Privateers & Pirate Festival. (June 6) Learn the difference between privateers and pirates and then be one. Pirate history, authentic and make believe plus a treasure scavenger hunt, games and a duel. Live band, Grog Garden and tasty food vendors.
8. Sea Isle City Skimmer Festival. (June 20-21) Saturday craft&food vendors, live music, childrens activities, sand sculpting contest, 9am-4pm. Saturday evening concert at Excursion Park 8-10pm. Sunday admire scores of vintage vehicles while enjoying live music at the Auto Antique Car show on the promenade
9. Wildwood Beer Fest. (June 13-14) Celebrate the art of locally brewed craft beer, in Fox Park. 100+ brews, live tunes, delicious food and craft vendors. Sessions Sat 12-4pm, 6-10pm and Sun 12-4pm. Tickets $40.
10. Atlantic City Roar at the Jersey Shore. (June 21) Race will take place 12-4pm along the city’s beaches with the northern most turn off of the Steel Pier and the southernmost turn off of the Tropicana. Boats from 21 to 50 feet in length will compete with speeds ranging from 60mph to over 170mph. The event will be free and open to the public both on the water and at the Race Village at the Golden Nugget.
If you’re looking to rent a house at the shore, check out ShoreVacations.com, Jersey Shore’s biggest vacation rentals resource. It lists hundreds of rental homes and condos from Sandy Hook all the way down to Cape May (including Belmar, Point Pleasant, Seaside Heights, Ocean City, Long Beach Island, Atlantic City or the Wildwoods). It’s a one-stop website for planning your Jersey Shore vacation, featuring beach information, weather updates and more! And of course, it has a full list of all the Jersey Shore events this year.