Thirteen thrill rides that loop, launch, roar and soar will take center stage when Six Flags Great Adventure celebrates National Coaster Day August 16, presented by Outback Steakhouse.
From extreme, record-breaking heights and speeds to high tech and hybrid, Great Adventure’s coaster collection is also one of the most diverse on the planet, Fitzgerald said. The park’s roller coasters are continually recognized by reputable travel, news and amusement industry publications. Several of the most recent accolades include:
- No. 1 wooden coaster in the world by Theme Park Insider 2015
- Top 10 Best Roller Coasters by USA Today and 10Best 2015
- No. 1 Best Wooden Coaster by Mitch Hawker’s Internet Poll2012 – 2014
- No. 2 Amusement Today’s Golden Ticket Award for Best Wooden Coaster in the World 2014
El Diablo named Best Roller Coaster 2015 by Philadelphia Magazine
- No. 2 Best Thrill Ride by NJ.com 2015
- Top 7 Theme Park Wonders of the World by Orbitz 2015
- Tallest Roller Coaster in the World 2005-2015
- No. 1 Best Thrill Ride by NJ.com 2015
- No. 5 Amusement Today’s Golden Ticket Award for Best Steel Coaster in the World 2014
BIZARRO, GREEN LANTERN and Runaway Train named Top 10 Best Thrill Rides by NJ.com 2015
In celebration of National Coaster Day, Six Flags Great Adventure will host a fiesta in Plaza del Carnaval, a Mexican-themed section that features the intense, hybrid wooden coaster El Toro and the looping thrills of the new El Diablo. Special activities also include coaster trivia and prizes, a live DJ and Latin dance lessons outside the new Macho Nacho cantina which will offer special deals for its grand opening.
Great Adventure, which was recently named one of the Best Amusement Parks for Families in 2015 by Family Vacation Critic, TripAdvisor’s family travel site, will provide special admission and exclusive ride time benefits to Outback Steakhouse restaurant customers and Six Flags Season Pass holders and Members – a half-hour of early ride time between 10 and 10:30 am on both El Toro and El Diablo.
If you’re looking to rent a house at the shore, check out ShoreVacations.com, Jersey Shore’s biggest vacation rentals resource. It lists hundreds of rental homes and condos from Sandy Hook all the way down to Cape May (including Belmar, Point Pleasant, Seaside Heights, Ocean City, Long Beach Island, Atlantic City or the Wildwoods). It’s a one-stop website for planning your Jersey Shore vacation, featuring beach information, weather updates and more! And of course, it has a full list of all the Jersey Shore events this year.