Central Jersey Blood Center Blood Drive – May 6
On Sunday, May 6, Central Jersey Blood Center will host a blood drive in Six Flags Great Adventure’s Employment Center parking lot from 8 a.m. through 4 p.m. Each blood donor will receive one theme park ticket valid for the 2018 season. For the best possible donation experience, appointments are strongly encouraged online or via phone at 888-71-BLOOD. Walk-in donors will be placed into available appointment times on the schedule.
Dancefest – May 6, 19 & 20
Dance troupes of all ages and types have the opportunity to perform without the pressure of a competition or recital. Performances start at noon inside Showcase Theatre in the Metropolis section of the park. All participants will receive a Dancefest ribbon to take home as a souvenir of their day. Registration is required for group participation. Visit www.sixflags.com/greatadventure for more information.
Hiring Palooza – May 12
Six Flags welcomes job seekers for a summer Hiring Palooza event on Saturday, May 12. Employment opportunities are available for entry experience, food services, lifeguards, ride operations, retail and more. Employment benefits include scholarship opportunities, complimentary admission and exclusive employee events. The event will take place at the Employment Center from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Attendees are encouraged to apply online at www.sixflagsjobs.com before attending.
Cheerfest – May 12
Cheerleading and cross-over dance teams can reach for the stars as they compete for trophies and prizes at the 28th annual Cheerleading and Dance Championship. This event is open to public and private schools, recreation and all-star teams. Competition takes place outdoors at the Movietown Arena on a 42′ x 54′ spring floor. All competitors and spectators require a Cheerfest wristband and registration. Visitwww.sixflags.com/greatadventure for more information.
Mother’s Day – May 13
Guests are invited to celebrate Mother’s Day at Six Flags May 13. Moms are encouraged to enjoy the day with family and friends on their favorite thrill rides. Guests can enjoy non-stop fun on jaw-dropping mega-coasters like Nitro, and classic family rides like Runaway Train. Mothers can also celebrate their day with sweet treats such as funnel cake, or browse the various shops and animal exhibits.
Memorial Day Weekend – May 26 to 28
Guests are encouraged to kick off summer at Six Flags this Memorial Day weekend. Thrill seekers can enjoy rides such as Zumanjaro: Drop of Doom, Kingda Ka, El Toro, and GREEN LANTERN. Families can celebrate the weekend riding HARLEY QUINN Crazy Train, Bumper Cars, Big Wheel and more.
- Mega Concierto del Verano – May 26 – Six Flags presents the Mega Concierto del Verano on Saturday, May 26. The show will take place at the Northern Star Arena starring Arcangel, De La Ghetto and Rakin Y Ken-Y! Show will begin at 7pm. Admission to the concert is free with park admission, Season Pass or active Membership.
- Meet and Greet DC Super Heroes SUPERMAN and WONDER WOMAN – May 26 & 27 – SUPERMAN and WONDER WOMAN will meet and greet guests near JUSTICE LEAGUE Battle for Metropolis May 26 and 27 between 12 and 5 p.m. The DC Super Heroes will pose for photographs and sign autographs for fans throughout the day.
- DC Super Hero Summer Garden State Comic Fest – May 27 — As part of the DC Super Hero Summer, Six Flags will partner with Garden State Comic Fest to bring guests a mini comic-con from 12 to 7 p.m. in METROPOLIS Sunday, May 27. The event will feature comics, collectibles, artists, DC Comics cosplay, and a special celebrity appearance by actor Dean Cain, known for his role as Clark Kent/SUPERMAN in “Lois and Clark: The New Adventures of SUPERMAN” and Jeremiah Danvers in the TV series “SUPERGIRL.” Bill Spadea from NJ 101.5 and Chasing News will host a question-and-answer session with Dean Cain in Showcase Theatre. Admission to the Comic Fest is free with park admission, Season Pass or active Membership. Photos and autographs will be available for an additional fee. Visit www.sixflags.com/greatadventure for more information.
Academic Adventure – Select Days May 3 to 24
- Safari Off Road Education – May 7 to 9, 14 to 16, and 21 to 22 — Six Flags Great Adventure is proud to offer students K through 6 a journey in learning with 1,200 animals from six continents including elephants, giraffes, rhinos, bears and more. Experienced and entertaining tour guides facilitate this thrilling animal program for up to 400 students per day in its 350-acre wildlife preserve when the theme park is closed to the public.
- Business & Marketing Education Day – May 23 — For years, Six Flags has invited high school and middle school students to learn about business by bringing them inside the marketing of a theme park. Professionals from different industries are invited to speak to students about all levels of marketing. Each year, Six Flags creates a new challenge that asks students to design a business plan for everything from a new concert or sporting event to marketing non-profits. Participating students compete for theme park tickets
- Middle School STEM Day – May 23 — Six Flags dedicates an entire operating day exclusively to middle school students for STEM – a curriculum based on four specific disciplines (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) in an interdisciplinary and applied approach. Pre-registration may be required for events. Park hours are 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Safety Patrol Day – May 23 — Safety Patrollers are responsible and dedicated to the safety of fellow students and their school. Reward their dedication with a fun filled trip to our annual Safety Patrol Days at Six Flags Great Adventure. It’s a great way to recruit students for the Safety Patrol program from year to year.
If you’re looking to rent a house at the shore, check out ShoreVacations.com, Jersey Shore’s biggest vacation rentals resource. It lists hundreds of rental homes and condos from Sandy Hook all the way down to Cape May (including Belmar, Point Pleasant, Seaside Heights, Ocean City, Long Beach Island, Atlantic City or the Wildwoods). It’s a one-stop website for planning your Jersey Shore vacation, featuring beach information, weather updates and more! And of course, it has a full list of all the Jersey Shore events this year.